CareerNext Summit 2017 | "Different Types of Garden Writing for Pay" with Katie Elzer-Peters
Different Types of Garden Writing for Pay
Yes you CAN make a Living as a Garden Writer. Katie Elzer-Peters, a freelance writer, editor, and book packager teaches attendees how they can put their writing skills and horticultural knowledge to work and making a living wage while at it. Katie will cover income-producing activites from various types of writing including traditional and digital marketing, ghostwriting, business to business writing, book writing and editing, and magazine/editorial writing. She will discuss how to source work, business management details, and collaboration to gain experience, credentials, and clients.
Freelance Writer and Editor, The Garden of Words, LLC
Katie Elzer-Peters is a freelance writer and editor, author of eight books for Cool Springs Press, and the Editor in Chief of The Designer. She writes web, brochure, and promotional copy for horticultural industry businesses. Katie and her team at The Garden of Words, LLC also design and package books for authors self-publishing in digital and print formats. Katie works with the Global Book Development office of Quarto Publishing and QUID Publishing in the UK and the Quarto Group in Minneapolis to prepare books for print, assist first-time authors, edit manuscripts, and ghostwrite.
- Beginner's Illustrated Guide to Gardening: Techniques to Help You Get Started, 2012
- Miniature Gardens: Design and create miniature fairy gardens, dish gardens, terrariums and more-indoors and out, 2014
- Mid-Atlantic Gardener's Handbook: Your Complete Guide: Select, Plan, Plant, Maintain, Problem-Solve, 2016
- Southern Fruit and Vegetable Gardening, 2013
- Carolinas Fruit and Vegetable Gardening, 2013
- Mid Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Gardening, 2013
- Midwest Fruit and Vegetable Gardening, 2014
- Northwest Fruit and Vegetable Gardening, 2013
- How to Increase Your Stand Up Paddling Performance, 2015