GWA Power Circles
Power up your skills today!
WHAT Special interest small groups of 5 to 10 people that meet regularly via phone and/or webinar. Meetings take place every other month on a regular time/day to be determined by the members. These groups will be formed much like writer’s groups are.
PURPOSE To provide individuals with group support and assistance as they work toward specific goals.
FREE FOR MEMBERS, $120 FOR NON-MEMBERS
You can currently sign up for the following topics:
- I want to monetize my blog.
- I am making horticulture a second/next career.
- I am an artist whose work is garden-themed – I want to find ways to earn more income from this work.
- I want to produce a newsletter to promote my business.
- I want to start a podcast.
- I want to be encouraged to write more.
- I want to get more speaking gigs.
- I want to improve my photography skills.
- I want to better use social media to promote my business and stay on top of SM trends.
- I want to improve my smart-phone skills.
- I want to host a radio program.
- I want to make great videos.
- I want to get a garden book published.
- I want to get sponsors for my blog/podcast.
- I want to self-publish a book.
- I want to get the most out of my GWA membership.
- I want to market my work and learn about promotion.
Don’t think big! These groups work best if there are only 5 to 10 members. Although not everyone will
participate in every meeting, if too many people are in the group the conversations will be too long. Once a group reaches ten it should be considered closed. If more than ten sign up, a
second or third group will be formed with the same mission/goal.
Groups will meet virtually every other month. Knowing that you’ll be reporting back to your group helps people to stay focused on their goals in between meetings. If a specific group wants to meet more often they can contact the GWA office and up their scheduled meeting times.
Can non-members join? Being part of a GWA Power Circle costs $120 for non-members.
In advance of the first meeting: Agree that nothing that is shared in the group can be considered public information. All Power Circle group conversations are viewed as confidential. Every member should also decide that such groups work best when it’s “all for one and one for all.” A Power Circle gathering must support each individual, knowing that the good karma and connections created will pay off for everyone. New members cannot be added once the group has met once unless all members agree.
Once a Power Circles group has at least five members a facilitator will be appointed and sample agendas/suggestions for future meetings will be sent.
Questions? Call the GWA office at 212.297.2198.